Ocala Healthcare started in 2017, with a vision to redefine valuing care assistants and support workers. During our first 4 years, we have created an enviable reputation for the quality of care and great care employment. We believe strongly that care should not be corporate and Ocala Healthcare is proud to be a small family business that puts people first. This is proven with what people say about us, for example, on google we have more than 15 reviews which are all 5 stars and are also rated 5 stars on Facebook. Our commitment to our care team is to always pay at least the Real Living Wage as set by the Living Wage Foundation, always treats care staff with the highest standards of professional respect and always be open and honest.
We are currently looking for care assistants and support workers in Ipswich that are passionate about care and believe in caring for people like a member of their own family.
Ocala Healthcare supports a wide range of diverse services, which includes residential care homes, dementia care homes, learning disability support services, mental health care services, and supporting the homeless.
You must have 6 months of professional care experience. We provide full face-to-face training for all new members of the team. This includes basic life support, manual handling, and medication, as well as other mandatory training.
- Excellent rates of pay from a minimum of the Real Living Wage as set by the Living Wage Foundation, which is currently £9.50 per hour. In addition to this, we also pay enhancements for nights and weekends
- Added Value Qualifications for personal development
- Carer Christmas and Summer Parties
- Carer of the month awards
- DBS money back after working 250 hours
- Treating care staff with the professional courtesy they deserve
- Working with a family business, with family values
- Genuine flexibility, no pressure to pick up shifts
- Holiday Pay
- Pension Scheme
Ocala Healthcare supports care homes, learning disability homes, dementia care homes, acquired brain injury and mental health services across Suffolk.
You get to choose where you work!
We provide care assistants and support workers to homes in Ipswich, Woodbridge, Hadleigh, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Lowestoft, Felixstowe, Needham Market, and Southwold.
The purpose of our team of care assistants and support workers are to take the place of full-time care home staff that are sick or on annual leave, so that the residents at the care homes we support continue to receive outstanding care.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build relationships of trust with colleagues and residents.
- Spend time with residents over and above caring for them.
- Engage in activities that enhance the lives of those we care for.
- Help colleagues and residents to have the best day possible.
- Prepare and assist with meals.
- Administer/Prompt medication.
- Assist with all elements of personal care.
- Support the people we care for to engage in activities of their own interests.
- Pursue greater professional competence through training and qualification.
- Share ideas that will enhance the service level.
- Maintain excellent levels of house hygiene.
- Protect the people we care for by sharing concerns and following safeguarding protocol.
Ocala Healthcare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Dedicated to bringing all people together to deliver quality care.